A serene and inspiring place, the beauty of Arashiyama us difficult to describe. The Curated Arashiyama tour will take you through the famous bamboo forest, to hidden secret gems, to one of the best coffees shops in Japan, and to Okochi Sanso (a villa that belonged to Japanese film star Ōkōchi Denjirō). This is a walking tour so please wear comfortable footwear! Please check out our blog to see this month’s scheduled Arashiyama tours. You can book through the website or please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:00 am-11:00 am
- Tour Price
- 7,500 yen per person. Price includes Okochi Sanso and temple admission fee.
- Tour Type
- Minimum per tour
- 3 people
- Maximum per tour
- 10 people
- Tuesday (Tour days may change so please check out the blog to see this month’s scheduled tours)
Make this tour private for 10000 yen per person. If booking solo (one participant), the cost is 20,000 yen. When booking a private tour, please write ‘Private Curated Arashiyama’ in the Tour name section of the booking form.
- Bilingual tour guide
- Guided through the stunning bamboo forest
- Visits to small and unique shrines
- A tour through Okochi Sanso, a stunning villa that belonged to Japanese period film star Ōkōchi Denjirō (1898-1962). We can enjoy a cup of green tea and a Japanese sweet served in a cafe where you can relax and rest your feet while enjoying the view.
- Stop at one of Japan’s best coffee shops
- Snacks along the way (because everyone loves snacks
- Please book at least 48 hours in advance
- Payment must be made in cash before the start of the tour
- Tour will be cancelled if heavy rain or snow is forecasted. If extreme weather is forecasted, participants will be notified about cancelation the night before.
- Tour will be cancelled if the minimum number of participants is not met